- Only South African citizens who are resident in the Western Cape are eligible.
- Students who are in Grade 12 going to study for a first degree, diploma or higher certificate.
- Applications may be made for a University OR University of Technology in the Western Cape only.
- Applications for private institutions or FET Colleges are not accepted.
- In view of large numbers of applications, only successful candidates will be notified. This will be done by the end of February.
- Awards are made by a Selection Committee meeting in late January and are based on merit and financial need. Where funds are limited priority is given to students who are financially needy and who are from less advantaged communities.
- Awards are variable and cover a percentage of the cost of tuition and books.
- ASSET bursaries are not repayable.
- Bursary funds are paid directly to tertiary institutions.